Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I got my copy.

Blogger isn't letting my upload a picture right now.... grrr..


I got my copy yesterday! Super Exciting! The more I look at it the more I love it. In fact I love it so much I stayed up way past my bed-time last night working on manuscripts for more books. :) It was a long, and tiring experience, but I am glad I did it. I am glad I finished. To me it shows a sense of accomplishment.  I am hoping this will start a beautiful relationship with me and my Wacom, (now just to save up for a Cintiq) .

Its funny, the minute the book was announced as being published, I got custom orders for Peggles, and a logo work gig. SWEET! I will never not have work to do. :) The first few days after I finished the book, I did not know what to do. I had free time, well as much as any stay at home mom does. But it was just that I could actually stay with my sweet boy and not have to ignore him for so long because I was working on the illustrations.

I think with a schedule and publishing my own books I will be more organized. Things will not have to be approved by the author cause heck I am the author, which speeds up the entire process. It really makes you look at children's books in a new way. And for me it gives a sense of respect for the illustrators of the world. Nobody realizes how much of a job illustration really is.

**runs off to design some characters, and work on the relief society newsletter**

No comments:

Post a Comment