Friday, August 10, 2012

My teeth can do what?

Everybody is scared of them and each year more and more people get them. It is like they lurk around inside your mouth waiting for that taste of sweetness, or the rush of cold water on a hot summer day. You guessed it I am talking about cavities and tooth sensitivity. But I bet you didn't know that those things can be healed with out going to the dentist.

At first I didn't believe this. Especially since I have such horrible teeth. Well, one night I was talking with my cousin via Skype and a piece of my tooth fell out, the one right behind the left upper canine. Then my mouth filled with this awful stench and flavor. There wasn't much pain but I knew I needed to go to the dentist. So I did.

Needless to say, I had that tooth removed along with 3 of my 4 wisdom teeth. Unfortunately, this was before I learned I could heal my teeth. There may not have been hope for that icky smelly tooth, but for my wisdom teeth maybe.

If you follow Dr. Weston A. Price's work you probably know all about this already, but for those of you who do not, let me share this awesome news.

YOUR TEETH CAN HEAL THEMSELVES!!!

Now most people won't believe me on how simple this actually is. Dr. Price discovered that taking Fermented Cod Liver oil and Butter oil work to heal your body of many ailments. 

You can download his book for FREE here--- it is a good and informative read. 

One of the other things Dr. Price suggests, is to eliminate all processed foods, no white flour or sugar and reduce phytic acid intake. Also the diet should be filled with animal fats, and raw grass fed dairy. 

In his book he mentions how tribes are able to wear down their teeth or sharpen them to points, with out damage because they have not adapted the western diet of processed foods. 

There is also a comparison of two brothers, one stayed true to a whole foods diet, and the other adapted into the western diet. Can you guess which on had the tooth decay? Yep, the one who changed to processed foods. 

Next month I will be conducting my own experiment, I am going to try remineralizing my teeth using Fermented cod liver oil, and butter oil. I desperately need it since my teeth are crumbling more and more everyday. 

Things I will be sure to do:

* No refined foods. (no white flour, no white sugar) 
* No unsprouted or unfermented grains
* Beans must be soaked at least 24 hours in warm water. 
* Only Raw Grass fed dairy.
*Add in Fermented Cod Liver Oil and Butter Oil (I will do a video on how to make your own butter oil.)




3 comments:

  1. I found out about this and Dr. Weston A. Price about half a year ago, neat stuff! I have trouble following that kind of diet though. To put it simply, we cannot afford that kind of diet, out of necessity we eat a lot of grains, we buy flour in bulk and I make everything myself. Can't afford raw dairy around these parts either. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all that matters is that you are doing your best. Hopefully in the near future there will be posts teaching whole foods on little money. What I like to do is research and gain all the knowledge I can for when my family does have enough money to purchase the types of foods I want to feed them.

      Delete
  2. It is true that there are some kinds of food that can help the teeth to be healthy. For example, celery, apples and carrots can trigger a lot of saliva, which can help neutralize the acid that causes tooth decay and can help whiten teeth. But, I think going to the dentist for checkup can still be the best way to know what’s going on with our teeth, as they are more knowledgeable about our oral health.

    ReplyDelete