Monday, June 14, 2010

Yoni Art

So the creative juices stopped flowing for a while there. I think they may be back since I have a new focal point. I am going through Birth Doula training right now. The course I am taking is through Birth Arts International. I have a new found love of what a woman's body can do. So to start off my new creative love I give you my first Yoni pendant. This Yoni is represents the beauty of birth and how it can be interpreted into nature. I did a search for Yoni pendants on etsy last night. The one thing I did not want was to have it be too obvious what the heck it was. A lot of the pendants online were just that, obvious. So this is my first take on it. I have a few other ideas for expressing my love of the woman's body during the child-bearing years. Some of which include a cesarean and pregnant belly art. All I need for this pendant is some type of cable or leather. I might have to talk to Tena
about using some of hers.



I am sure I will come up with some type of breastfeeding, and water-birth, and a whole mess of things. I really like working with polymer clay and all I can say is I don't know what I will do if the world ever stops making it.

2 comments:

  1. I do love polymer clay! That is a BEAUTIFUL piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have a few more in the sketchbook I hope to create this week.

    ReplyDelete