Tuesday, November 15, 2011

INA MAY TONIGHT!!! WOOT!

Those of you who know me may or may not know that I am a birth junkie. I have been sitting on the sidelines of birth for a while now, business is slow, so I concentrated on my illustration part of my life. Well tonight I am being thrown back into a complete birth setting. If you could only see my thrill. Tonight I will be in the audience of one of the most wonderful women I have ever heard of....... INA MAY GASKIN!!!! This is exciting business for me. I am hoping to meet with her after her presentation, say "Hi, I just wanted to let you know I LOOOOOOOVE you!" and  be on my way. or I will most likely be in my inner self all quite and not knowing what to say to any one or anything. Losing all hope of a social connection. BAHHH whatever, I GET TO SEE INA MAY IN PERSON!!!!!

>>>>;insert fangirl scream<<<<

Anyhoo hopefully there will be some mingling about the homebirth book I illustrated, not necessarily with Ina May but maybe with some other people in the audience, since, well duhh... we all have something in common.


BIRTH


My Birth Story Part 1
My Birth Story Part 2

Now granted my birth didn't go as I had wanted, I think it is still an important part of who I am. If I had not had all the interventions that I did or had the traumatic surgery that I did, I don't think I ever would have gotten involved in the birthing community


Well, I am off to do my hair and hopefully get a new pair of shoes for the event. I think I will call them my Ina Mays. **snicker snicker**

No comments:

Post a Comment