Thursday, November 24, 2011

Review Thursday- Proctor Silex E160BY Coffee Grinder

Most of you know I don't drink coffee, so one may wonder why I have a coffee grinder. Well you see in that picture over there >>>>>>  behind the pic of the grinder is a circle with a picture of herbs. Yep. This is my go to grinder (the Proctor Silex E160BY Coffee Grinder) when I am mixing incense, making powders or just trying to crunch up barks. I love this. It is inexpensive and does the job. Sometimes depending on the herb I can't  get it to be a complete powder depending on the type of herb I am using. But if I need it to be a completely smooth powder it is usually for my commercial products so it would be a bigger quantity.

I actually used this when I made my spice rub for the Turkey today. It is the best for the price. You obviously have to use common sense and not just hold the button down but pulse. This is good for the herbs too, not just the grinder. When you grind an herb constantly it heats up, therefore breaking down the vital  nutrients and healing properties.

The only complaint I have is that the compartment size a little small. But if you are going to be doing a lot more that what size is provided you should probably have a larger grinder. If you need to do two or 3 times more than the cup size it is really simple to remove the cup and empty the contents, load it with fresh herb and grind away again.

One of the best features of this is the build in cord retraction. IT IS SO COOL! All you do is twist the bottom of the grinder and watch the cord wind in or out. depending on what you need. It is really great to keep the cord out of the way when you are not using it. I actually wish all the appliances we had this.

I would definitely recommend this product to any herbalist, chef, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment