Thursday, December 1, 2011

Review Thursday-Swiffer Wet Jet

Today I have a review for you. It is on the Swiffer Wet Jet. When I got mine I did not realize there were other more environmentally friendly versions out there.

I like the way the wet jet cleans up the sticky spots that get left on the floor from little hands preparing his own sandwiches and snacks. I actually do love it quite a bit. Especially since I learned how to turn the non-refillable bottle into a refillable bottle that I can add my own Earth friendly concoction to. I am still trying to come up with something for the disposable pads which makes me really think back to the diapering age, and when I didn't own a Diva Cup (next week's review).  They are just so wasteful I really cannot stand it. Hopefully I can find out some way to make some type of washable cloth pad that stays in place and is reusable. If not I might just have to switch to a product that does not require all these extra expenses. Which brings me to the fact that you need to buy batteries. I don't like batteries. Especially when they don't last too long.

Over all the Swiffer Wet Jet is a good product that just needs to upgrade its Environmentally friendly/ cost conscious aspect of the product.



Next Week:  I review the Diva Cup. 

1 comment:

  1. I do find that the pads are a bit wasteful so I try not to use them too often. Just like paper towels I still do use the disposeable ones the odd time. There are a few good tutorials for how to make your own re-useable swiffers pads, I also found this link for swiffer coupons if you want to save a bit on the disposeable ones.

    ReplyDelete