Saturday, June 9, 2012

Learn to trust your gut!

So, I thought I would share something that is kind of personal. When I made the switch to whole foods it was mostly for my health. (Remember the whole incident of bleeding.) That even meant no drugs. Well, I was a good girl and I took the medicine that the doctor gave me. But there was a problem. After about a week, the medicine stopped working. Everything came back the way it was before. Determined NOT to go back to the Emergency Room. I took things into my own hands. Well sort of. I scheduled an appointment with a naturopathic doctor. Now, she told me it didn't seem like I had PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome). Just like I had always suspected. She told me what I had was a hormone imbalance. Which is what I was told the first time from the tests I had about 2 years ago. I was given a bioidentical progesterone cream made from Wild Yams. Now don't be concerned, I know that in the state of California progesterone is known to cause cancer. But guess what, that is the synthetic hormone. I have no idea what they put into that but I do know that it is not good. This is from wild yams and has been used for thousands of years by the Native Americans. I don't think there will be a problem. Anyway, So I am using that, and I am also on an herbal supplement to help metabolize the excess estrogen in my body. Plus a prenatal, because we are preparing for pregnancy. To aid that along I decided to start making dried raspberry leaf capsules to strengthen my uterus and help it along.

I guess the title of this post is what it is because I knew that Western medicine would not help me. I knew that they would just give me something to cover up my symptoms. I have always believed God has given us the things that we need to heal ourselves. He is not going to put us on the Earth just to kill our bodies. He wants us to take care of them.

I am hoping I can find some Wild Yam seed. So I can add that to my medicine chest garden.




For anyone who is still following my weight-loss journey here are the current stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment