Friday, June 1, 2012

My adventures with Raw Milk

So, as we know, we have a cow. She gives us milk. It is good and healthy milk. I loved milk. I used to have it on cereal or have a cold glass with breakfast, I used to do things most people would do with milk. Once we started saving milk, I discovered, ..... I don't like it. That is like a bad thing right? I didn't agree to a cow so I could gag at the thought of drinking it. I mean what the heck? I have tried making cheese, and butter, and things like that just to use the milk, but the sad thing is I just don't like it. :o( I don't exactly know what is wrong with me. My husband loves the milk, his brother loves it, my son loves it. I just don't like it. AGH it is frustrating. I still cook with it but that is it. I may use a little butter now and then but nothing like I used to. I even actually find myself craving.... **gasp** almond milk. What on earth am I going to do? 

As sad as it is I still would like to get dairy goats, however, will I have the same aversion I am having to cow milk? Who knows. But the one thing I do know is that I live in a part of the country where I cannot grow an almond tree to satisfy my craving. What is up with that?


So while I ponder this predicament I will leave you with my latest Weigh-in... 

My goal for this month was to be at 275 by the end of the month. I need to lose 4 more pounds to get there but I got close. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment