Friday, December 17, 2010

My four year old fights consumerism better than me.

Today was a long day. We (Ike, Orion, and I) went shopping. I wanted to take Orion to the store to see what he really wanted. We went into the toy isle and like any other kid Orion ran up to a toy and played with it for 5 seconds before moving on to the next one. There was the Toy Story 3 section. With as much as he really loves Buzz Lightyear, he actually did not drool over the toy he wanted so bad earlier this month. We looked at few other things, never once asking him if he wanted it just because we couldn't afford it anyway. So when we told him it was time to leave he put the toy he was playing with away and walked beside us like there was nothing weird or wrong with that image. I mean come on a kid who doesn't kick and scream when you leave the toy isles with out toys. YAY! I am so excited for him. I am still fighting consumerism in myself. I actually think that that is why I wanted him to go, was for me not him. So anyway, from Ike and I, Orion will be receiving handmade gifts just like the rest of my family. I am very excited that this year Christmas will be 100% handmade, YAY!


1 comment:

  1. I asked Henry if he wanted to go ti the store to look for presents for Daddy, and he said, "no. I will just make him something." I was PUT in my PLACE, let me tell ya.

    ReplyDelete